Friday, June 27, 2008

Robot love


We just saw "WALL-E", and it was wonderful. The sweetness of it made me cry. I loved how the girl robot, WALL-E's love interest, was totally kickass. Capable and competent. And she had an equally kickass weapons system that the audience kept cheering over.

I must say WALL-E is quite possibly the sweetest robot ever, sweeter even than R2D2.

In addition, the special effects were amazing, the plot highly clever, and the animation sheer genius.

It was a breathtakingly lovely film.

2 comments:

Karmela said...

I love it that the heart of the movie was a romance. A ROMANCE! Tell me again why this genre is continuously ridiculed by the mainstream?

And yes, I share your Robot Love. Favorite parts:

1. Space Ballet with the fire extinguisher.
2. First time the captain stood up to the tune of "2001: A Space Odyssey"
3. When the personal assistant robot tried to throw the plant away down the chute and here comes Wall-E climbing up. Triumph!
4. The two fatties ooh-ing and aah-ing over their surroundings.

And I wonder how babies get made in Axiom?

Hazel Designs said...

I wondered about the babies, too! Hahaha!

This movie was just simply awesome. Glad you liked it too!