Thursday, July 10, 2008

Paris shows

Being involved in a creative endeavor, I now have an excuse to indulge my obsession with fashion - not that I needed much excuse to begin with, but at least now I can justify the countless hours I spend poring over the collections as "research" instead of feeling like I'm just wasting time dreaming over moonbeams. After all, jewelry design involves keeping up with the trends, be they in fashion, art, interiors, architecture, or other forms of design.

I've been mesmerized by the clothes from the recent Paris collections for fall 2008, especially John Galliano's designs for Dior. The four pictured below are my favorites.

Vintage with lots of drama, with interesting lines, and so very, very fresh - especially this white coat with the black belt.



I love the lines of this gown and the way the ruffles drape over the skirt.


And this one? Pure genius. Bordering on madness.



In the following posts I'm going to talk about the clothes Carla Bruni-Sarkozy wore during her inaugural state visit to London. Her wardrobe was simply scrumptious, and all designed by Galliano.

6 comments:

Karmela said...

The third dress is totally stolen from Christian Siriano, season 3 winner of Project Runway!!!!!

Tracy said...

Hi! So great to catch up on your posts now we're back! I LOVED this fashion-focus post! That coat at the top is wonderful...but I love everything here!! Oh, and your pearl cluster necklace is a winner too! ;o) We had FAB time in London! Now resting travel-weary feet and doing lots of laundry--LOL! Happy weekend ((HUGS))

Marnie said...

Uh, how do you sit down in that last dress?

Karmela said...

Um, Marnie, what do you mean by "sit?"

Highmaintenancemom said...

I would have worn that 3rd dress to my wedding!

Hazel Designs said...

K, I LOVE that Siriano dress! And it does look like he came up with the design first. Hmmm...

Tracy, welcome back! I've enjoyed your travel pictures immensely. Glad you guys had a great time.

Marn, yeah - just as there's no crying in baseball, there's no sitting in couture.

HMM, I was thinking the same thing!!