Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Trappings, part deux

Listening to:
The August Rush soundtrack - "August's Rhapsody" is simply gorgeous. I can't get enough of it.

New Soul by Parisian/Israeli songwriter Yael Naim - so catchy!
Bleed It Out by Linkin Park

Reading: Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts.
This lady is seriously talented - her writing is smooth as chocolate, lyrical, and beautiful. Not a word out of place, nor a discordant phrase to be found. The hero is a vampire, which I don't usually go for because I'm not a fan of vampire stories (the only books I've read by Anne Rice are the non-vampire ones and those are amazing), but I'm making an exception for this one because it has an interesting twist. Plus, the dude is hot.

(Speaking of Anne Rice, I highly recommend Cry to Heaven - beautiful! - and The Witching Hour - creepy and scary but so good).

Watching:
Stupid writers' strike! No Jon Stewart, no Colbert, no Office or Heroes or even Letterman! So we've been watching Family Guy. It's so wrong, yet so incredibly funny.

Disappointed over: Zodiac. What a meandering mess. I expected more from the guy who put Gwyneth Paltrow's head in a box.

Searching for: a black turtleneck jersey dress.

Drooling over: the mysterious box under the Christmas tree with my name on it, from Mr Hazel.

Snacking on: raw mango with shrimp paste (a delicacy popular in the Philippines and my absolute favorite), Watchamacallits, and jalapeno kettle cooked potato chips.

Movie lineup:
Jumper
National Treasure: Book of Secrets
I Am Legend
Atonement (maybe? It looks great, but I heard it's sad)

Dinner craving: a big bowl of yummy pho, but Mr Hazel vetoed this so now I am to be left disappointed.

Obsessing over:
Jamie Lynn Spears - like the rest of the world! I turn my back on my computer for one second and look what happens - she gets herself knocked up. However, with all the gossip blogs and entertainment news articles I've read since the story broke, not one of them has mentioned the one burning question that's been on my mind: what is wrong with her hair? Why is it dark at the bottom but light on top? And why did she choose to use that picture for her big OK! reveal?

I...don't understand.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

You should look at American Apparel for the dress: http://store.americanapparel.net/women-dresses.html
They've got several different turtleneck dresses, some jersey. And I know where at least one actual store (not online one) is. :)

Highmaintenancemom said...

I was looking for a black turtleneck dress last month!! The one at Gap was made for really tall people and I couldn't find one anywhere else. I love American Apparel, I shall check that one out as well!

Hazel Designs said...

Awesome!! I didn't even think to look at American Apparel. I scored a jackpot! It's not black, but I love the color I picked out - camel - and they have it in my size! Whooo!!! Thanks for the suggestion!!

http://store.americanapparel.net/rsad301.html

HMM, did you find something you liked?