Monday, October 27, 2008

Hand-stamped silver disc pendant


I finished this new stamped sterling silver pendant but I haven't listed it on my Etsy shop yet because I am unsure about the quality of the photos. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to photograph something this shiny: one, it reflects the sunlight back something fierce, creating a bright light that obscures the details of the pendant, and two, if you look closely enough, you can see me and my camera reflected on the super shiny surface.

But actuallly, now that I look at it again, this photo actually ain't too bad.

So while I go experiment some more with the lighting, I'm also going to mention that I need to really gear up for the coming holiday shopping season. This coming one will be the first for my shop so it's hard to predict how much I will sell, but in any case, I need to start preparing my inventory.

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

Hazel, as usual, great piece. As you say yourself, the picture is great. Where do you find the inspiration for the designs? And what tools do you use to make the jewellery? Maybe you can write a post about it, I sure would be interested to know.;)

Hazel Designs said...

Thanks, Protege! My inspiration kind of comes to me all of a sudden - I'll have this idea in my head appear, and then I'll think about it for a while to refine it. I've always wished I could formalize this by sketching out design ideas, but I don't have the patience for that, unfortunately. That's a great idea about doing a post on my tools - I'll do that!