Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Seven random facts about me

My cousin tagged me for my first ever meme and I’m very excited!

The rules:
  1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.

  2. Share 7 facts about yourself: some random, some weird.

  3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).

  4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

For this one, I’m supposed to list 7 random facts about me. Here goes.

1. When I lived in Paris, I used to eat spaghetti practically every night for dinner to stretch my meager student budget, and because I was too intimidated to cook anything more elaborate in my landlady’s kitchen.

2. I once played my violin on a street corner downtown. I made $24 in two hours and a group of tourists took my picture.

3. In graduate school I rarely read any of the books or articles we were assigned.

4. I once went out with a French sommelier from the Loire who smoked Marlboro Reds. We met at Pere-Lachaise cemetery when we were both there looking for Jim Morrison's grave.

5. I get really worried when the mailman is late in delivering my copy of US Weekly.

6. I am in love with toile. I fought long and hard with Mr. Hazel Designs to put black and white toile curtains in our kitchen. It was a bloody battle, but in the end, I prevailed. And his scars don’t even look that bad.

7. I was recently challenged to eat a foot-long pastrami and onion sub from Subway in 52 ½ minutes, which I would have won if the person who challenged me did not cheat by asking the sub guy to double the meat.


Now I’m supposed to tag seven other people, but none of my friends blog and my family members who do have already been tagged except for Jordan. Yes, my first meme and I am already breaking the rules. I hope I don’t get banned!

And lastly, here is a picture of my kitchen, showing the results of the bloody battle I fought and won.

4 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

Girl, I heart your green walls!

Mom2Amara said...

Oh and btw, the violin story is one of my favorite stories of all time. I remember telling college friends about it :)

Karmela said...

I'm thinking of putting toile valances in DD's room. You have to help me pick out something that will complement her purple walls.

Hazel Designs said...

Mom2Amara, I didn't know that you knew the violin story! That is so funny that you still remember it! Also, if you're interested, I think I still have the swatch of the green paint, if you want to use it for anything.

Sis, I would LOVE to help pick out the toile! Just tell me when!