Sunday, September 23, 2007

Spa in the mountains









I spent the weekend at a spa resort with five of my girlfriends, a combination annual reunion (we are all good friends from high school) and celebration of a milestone birthday for all of us.

The resort was nestled in the mountains surrounded by woods and wildlife, and was almost too posh for words.

I have never tried a hot stone massage before, but after this weekend I don't know how I've lived this long without experiencing one. It was amazing. I also had a facial and a manicure complete with a salt scrub and paraffin wax wrap, and afterwards we tried out both the wet and dry saunas (good for the pores), the whirlpool, and my favorite - the salt water mineral pool. My skin has never felt so clear or soft.

The drive up the mountain roads was pretty (except for a couple of sketchy motels I passed that looked like they came straight out of that horror movie Vacancy), and I was hoping that the trees had already turned because I wanted to take a few pictures back with me for inspiration on new bead and gemstone colors. Alas, it was still too early in the season. However, there were a few things I saw that provided me with ideas, so I will be trying some of them out in the coming months.

The combination of old friends, good food, too much wine, and spa goodies sure made for a pretty memorable time.

5 comments:

Highmaintenancemom said...

Your spa trip sounds like heaven!

Mom2Amara said...

So jealous! I've been trying to convince my gal pals to do a getaway but I have no takers! Boo!

Karmela said...

M2A: After HMM gives birth, you, me, your sis, my sis and HMM should all plan a spa getaway long weekend.

Hazel Designs said...

That sound fun! We should totally do that!

Mom2Amara said...

Ooooh, I'm so in!

Hey Hazel, wanna do a meme? I know this is more for your wares, but I'd love to hear your randomness too :)