Saturday, September 20, 2008

New traditions


A grocery store run for pancake ingredients a few weeks ago has led to a new tradition in our household: every Saturday, Mr Hazel makes a heaping stack of pancakes for brunch, to which I usually add bacon. A veritable feast to be sure - enough to ensure me a whole week's worth of leftovers for breakfast.

My sister and I also started a new tradition where every Friday after ballet class we alternate renting a dance movie and watching it at each others' houses over dinner. Last week we saw the ballet-centric Center Stage, which I loved, and this week I chose Flashdance. Such campy 80s fun - especially the clothes.

I hope you all made the most of the last day of summer. Me? I went to the dancewear store with the female members of my family, where we proceeded to buy out their inventory. I bought a new dance skirt and tights, and a nifty hair gadget that will enable me to put my hair up easily in a bun.

Goodbye, summer!

3 comments:

Highmaintenancemom said...

Yummmmm!!! Fun new family traditions!

Hazel Designs said...

Yummy indeed! :)

meridith said...

mr. hazel is really adding to his cooking repertoire.