Sunday, September 28, 2008

Speechless


Wow, wow, wow.

That was wonderful.

The plot of the last book in the saga was really clever, even though it took the story to an unexpected direction that I was unsure of at first. And the build up to the tension and the action, all the while maintaining the highly romantic and poignant tone of Bella and Edward's love story, was very well done.

And now that I am at the end and can see the whole story arc from the other side of the bridge, I have to say that the whole saga was just plain great - everything, from Books 1 through 4. The little things that were driving me crazy before had a purpose when you see everything in its entirety, most importantly the love triangle that was explained and resolved in such a way that left me very satisfied.

And I take it back - Jacob Black, you ain't half bad after all. Sorry I wanted you dead before.


[SPOILER ALERT]


And the best part of Book 4? When Bella finally becomes a vampire. Her character improved a million times after her transformation - it's like she grew up overnight, as she quit her whining, became a strong, kickass heroine, and was finally worthy and deserving of Edward's regard - an equal to him in every way. They were partners in every sense. I loved that she turned into a vampire. After Edward's deliciousness, Bella turning into a vampire was the second best part of the series and the build up to it was worth it.

I did wish we saw more of Edward fighting like during the climax of Book 3 (perhaps my most favorite part of Book 3). Edward in battle was a sight to behold - he was like an unstoppable commando warrior force. So hot.

So all these thoughts are swirling in my head now as I try to process everything I've read in the past few weeks, which is why I must sound a bit incoherent to you right now. And as I'm still loathe to leave this pretty magical Twilight world, I have more to say about all of this in coming posts. So stay tuned as I get my thoughts in order...

2 comments:

Tracy said...

mmm...I'm always on the look-out for a good read...So I'll add to my list! Happy Days ((HUGS)) Oh, if you get a chance to stop by--I'm having a fun giveaway this week! :o)

Hazel Designs said...

Tracy, yes, add these to your list!