Saturday, January 26, 2008

Almost back to business

I heard back from the camera shop and they told me that it was going to cost upwards of $100 to repair the broken camera (FWIW, it was a Canon PowerShot - in case you want to avoid this product). We decided it was more cost effective to get a whole new camera, especially since we still had some leftover Best Buy gift cards. The final cost came to a little more than what we would have paid to repair the old camera.

The one we chose is a super slim Olympus FE-340, 8 megapixels, and the best part about it is that it has a super macro mode. I always take pictures of my jewelry in macro mode, especially the close ups, so I'm excited to see how much better they will come out in super macro mode.

It also has other neat features such as face detection, digital image stabilization (another great feature when taking pictures of my products since I don't have a tripod and blurry images would often plague me because of this), a camcorder, and this thing called a "smile shot," where the camera detects a smile on the subject's face and automatically fires off three consecutive shots without you having to do anything. The salesgirl said this is especially great for taking pictures of babies and kids.

My sister's 5-year old digital camera is also an Olympus and it's still working great, so I have high hopes for this new one. After the battery finishes charging I will finally be able to photograph my new designs from the past two weeks and put them up for sale.

I can't wait to show you!

2 comments:

Mom2Amara said...

Happy new digital camera!

We too have an Olympus. Bought it when we had just had Amara. And I heart it. No problems at all.

Well no problems except when I took it to the beach and got sand in the shutter. Olympus fixed it. For free. Love them.

Hazel Designs said...

That's great to know, M2A! That sets my mind at ease a lot because I got super wary about what to get after the bad experience with the Canon.