Sunday, January 27, 2008

Getting to know you

I'm happy to say that "Kate" has been added to the shop, so check out her new and improved pictures!

As for the rest, I spent a big chunk today getting to know my new camera, and boy was it a lot of work. Somehow I couldn't get the brightness to work against my usual green wall/hydrangea backdrop, so there is a dearth of the requisite bust shots with a lot of the new pieces. I had to get creative.

This new one is "Mariel," a cluster of dyed quartz on a sterling silver chain. She's named after my cousin who was one of my very first customers! The pictures turned out well:


I have not added Mariel to the shop yet because I still need at least a couple of more pictures (I must get a bust shot in here somehow), so I need to keep working on the brightness issue with the camera.

2 comments:

Highmaintenancemom said...

AWWWW, I'm so touched!! Thank you for naming one of your creations after me! And it looks wonderful. I like the new backgrounds you're using too.

Hazel Designs said...

Hee hee! I'm glad you like your "namesake"!!