Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pretty in pink

Great news - our internet is working again! I am now able to post these pictures that my sister took from her camera (because mine is still in the shop).

Never again will I take a fast internet connection for granted. Or a working camera, for that matter.

These are a couple of shots from American Girl Cafe. I adore the pink daisies in the watering can. I was thinking of getting something similar from the craft store so I can interchange this as a backdrop for the necklace shots with the green hydrangea arrangement that I've been using. Variety is good.

And also the pink daisy napkin ring is so charming.


Not only was I nostalgic for childhood, this trip also made me nostalgic for my early 20s, the time in your life right after college graduation where all kinds of adventures awaited.

I can't count the number of times I visited NYC in those days for weekends with my college friends. We would ramble all over Manhattan for hours, especially the West Village in and around Bleecker Street, where one time we stumbled onto this gem of a cafe that I called "the red cafe" because of the color of its walls. To this day, none of us can remember what it's really called but when I say "the red cafe" my friends instantly know what I'm talking about. It was a tiny, charming little place and I loved it.

We also loved this crazy, noisy, wonderful restaurant in Little Italy called La Mela, where you entered through the kitchen and there was no menu and you ate what they placed in front of you. The food was delicious and the wine came in huge, gigantic bottles.

And sitting on benches in Washington Square Park, people watching for hours and listening to the buskers and street musicians and crazy people. Checking out the cute boys as well as the outfits and accessories of the women who passed us by.

I miss New York.

No comments: