Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympic demigod


Mr Hazel and I have been tuning in every night to the Games, riveted as we watch Michael Phelps chase down Mark Spitz's gold medal count. Tonight we watched him twice as he won the 200m butterfly and then, less than an hour later (isn't he exhausted?) the 800m relay, his 11th total gold medal. He needs just three more to beat Mark Spitz's record of seven golds in a single Olympic Games.

In a word, wow.

See his muscles? His shoulders are the length of my whole body. His wing span is probably 8 feet long. His chest is massive, bigger than a boulder. And apparently he eats 10,000 calories per day.

The dude is not human.

Watching all these elite swimmers, I was inspired to tell Mr Hazel that I would also love to be an Olympic swimmer. The only problem is I "swim" with a noodle. So he said the noodle would probably slow me down. So much for breaking world records.

3 comments:

Highmaintenancemom said...

I LOVE the Olympics! We've been staying up till 12:30 am watching them! But I do have to say, I'm kinda sick of all the Phelps coverage....I know what he's doing is incredible, but I dunno....Maybe I'm just jealous because I pretend to be an Olympic swimmer whenever the Olympics are on.

Just a side note, lowmaintenancedad pretends he's a luger (is that how you even spell it?!) during the winter Olympics!

Karmela said...

Did y'all see "women's" gymnastics last night? See all the "16-year old" Chinese gymnasts? If He Kexin is 16, I'm a supermodel.

Hazel Designs said...

HMM, I can see LMD as a luger!

K, I agree - even for Asians, they look really, really young!