Monday, May 12, 2008

Briolettes


I scored these pretty, pretty clear glass briolettes in the same style as the Elizabeth and Bella. The brios are really clear and pure. This pair is "Portia" after a character from Merchant of Venice, and she also dangles from gold-filled earwires that I made by hand.

Portia is now up at the shop!

At last count, it has now been raining for more than 24 hours. And every Sunday and Monday for the last five weeks (except, ironically enough, the week we were away on the cruise), it has poured. And it has been chilly.

Granted, my front yard looks very lush and the azalea bushes I nearly killed from neglect are now thriving again, but I am heartily sick of this rain. I've barely even had a chance to break out my new linen dresses because it's been too cold.

I had a major craving for a red velvet cupcake today. As all the bakeries that had them would have been closed by the time I got there, we settled for Cinnabons instead. But I'm still dreaming of that red velvet cake I had at Doughboys in L.A. a couple of years ago.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Lovely Portia earrings...they are beautiful! Red velvet cake...mmm...I've not had that in a looong time--delicious! Happy Creative Days :o)

meridith said...

I shouldn't tell you this but I believe you can get doughboys red velvet cake shipped to you. Or you will just have to come back to LA.

Hazel Designs said...

Thanks, Tracy! I also haven't been able to satisfy my red velvet cake craving...I'm hoping soon :)

Hazel Designs said...

Meri, you are a genius! I am totally having Doughboys ship me a cake - $35 for the red velvet and worth every penny. I just hope the Fedex people don't steal my cake!