If I could design my own craft space, the features I would like to have are:
1) dark, wide plank hardwood floors
2) lots of windows and a skylight
3) a big, big work table in the center with a lot of drawers
4) an abundance of shelves, nooks, and storage spaces along the walls
5) the walls painted in a color that can serve as a pretty background for photographs - I'm dreaming of a warm burnt sienna or something cheerful like pale yellow or aqua
Here are ones I'm lusting after:
And finally, the queen of all craft rooms - Martha Stewart's in her house at Turkey Hill.
And on that note, Happy May!