Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Something funky this way comes

Okay, so I got totally inspired to try something different...what do you think? A focal bead of crysophrase (approximately 1.5" x 1"), with two nugget pearls and a bone butterfly halfway up the 36" silver chain...enclosed by a silver toggle clasp. This is a very long necklace and can be placed over the head without the need to unclasp it (unless the wearer has a head circumference larger than 36", in which case you probably have bigger problems to worry about.)

I kid, I kid.

I'm still not sure how I feel about having the crysophrase there - if I leave just the butterfly and the pearls, this necklace would look rather 1920-ish, maybe worn with a flapper dress . A look that I dig.

But I also love that splash of green there, sort of an unexpected surprise of color. I think it makes a lively, bold statement.

Hmmm...

4 comments:

meridith said...

I like it. I am not a butterfly person, but I love the balance of it all. It is extremely interesting. But you know me -- everything goes with a little black dress. you really do have a great eye and sense. You designs are extremely classy and classic.

Highmaintenancemom said...

I think I like it with just the butterfly & 2 pearls....either way, it's very stylish!

Karmela said...

Much more my style! Keep 'em coming!

Hazel Designs said...

COOL!!!! Thanks guys!!!!! This means a lot. I am feeling very encouraged!