Monday, March 24, 2008

Chalcedony and pearl earrings

A very exciting thing happened today! Last night I started posting this pair of "Leslie" earrings (named after my cousin, who is Mom2Amara's sister), but then took it down because I wanted to tweak some of the pictures. However, this morning I received an Etsy convo from a buyer asking where they went, because she wanted to buy them!

So Leslie has been sold. But here is a picture anyway, so you can see what she looked like.

The best part is that the buyer maintains a blog where she features various artists and crafters as well as sells advertising for Etsy stores. The blog is called The Downtown Boutique, and I'm hoping she features me on her blog! At the least, I am definitely buying some advertising space here. It looks like a great resource for handmade items.

I was not as productive as usual with my jewelrymaking this past weekend owing to a pretty busy one, so I don't have much to post this week. The other reason why my productivity level was on the low side was because I made this gorgeous pearl bracelet that took up a lot of time. It turned out really well. But I can't post it yet because the pictures didn't come out well, so I have to wait until I get another chance at a photo shoot. I also finished a custom order for another Abigail!

2 comments:

The Downtown Boutique said...

Hazel,

Thank you SOOO much for featuring The Downtown Boutique on your blog! What a pleasant surprise it was to find.

I can't WAIT to get the earrings! They are so pretty, and one of my favorite colors!

Have a great day!
Angie

Hazel Designs said...

Angie, my pleasure! Your blog is a wonderful resource and beautifully done.

I'm so glad you found my Etsy store. Thanks again for your order!