Saturday, March 29, 2008

Smoky quartz earrings


So I really wanted to name something after my cousin Ryan, who is Highmaintenancemom's little bro, but I couldn't come up with a good girl's derivative of his name. I decided to call this piece "Camryn" after his girlfriend instead. This one's for you, too, Ryan!

She is made of these gorgeous smoky quartz faceted briolettes, hand wrapped in gold-filled wire. I then added gold-filled jump rings to dress her up and put the whole lot on vermeil earwires.

More pictures and details of Camryn are available at the shop! (Also notice the debut of the French poetry book from Mr Hazel in these pictures.)

And in the good news front, Margaret, Bella and another pair of Ahila have all sold! Thanks, Lisa!

Yesterday also saw the arrival of the dress form that I had ordered. I've been looking for one of these for a while now for displaying and photographing my necklaces because I realized it's hard to gauge the length and the overall look just by using those busts. But with the dress forms, they are in proportion to a real person so you can see where the necklaces will hang in relation to the neck and bust. My sister also was the one to tell me that they are called "dress forms" and not mannequins (which are different things), so I knew what to search for.

The one I bought is gorgeous, has a wooden base and neck, and can be extended up to 6'. It also has a really huge pair of boobs. The one I originally wanted to get didn't have nearly as big a pair, but Mr Hazel thought this one was better because it has, according to him, "more of a form." Yes, we all know what he meant by that!

Also, I think this makes for nice decoration. Gives a room that chic, "Paris atelier" sort of a look.


I've retaken shots of some of the necklaces and will continue doing so until all of the existing necklaces have this picture. Here are some I've put up already:



I kind of feel like I ought to put some clothes on her.

5 comments:

Highmaintenancemom said...

Yeah....you may need to put some clothes on the form, I feel a little dirty looking at your necklaces now!! :-)

Highmaintenancemom said...

Ryan wants you to know that the girl version of his name is "Rihanna" for future reference!

Karmela said...

Whoa, those are huge boobs. But forget about clothes. All she needs is a smashing belt, perhaps a single orchid on the neck area.

Hazel Designs said...

HMM, HAHA!

And, that's so funny you guys say Rihanna because I TOTALLY almost named it Rihanna - it's the only thing I could think of that's closest to Ryan!!

Hazel Designs said...

K, they are enormous boobage.