Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve

This Christmas Eve, I continue my annual tradition of tracking Santa's progress on NORAD's site. The guy went from Norway to Belgium in less than three minutes, tops!

My friend Michele and I checked out the Christmas market downtown yesterday. They had all kinds of handcrafted jewelry and purses.

Tonight, I rushed to the grocery store before they closed because I needed some last-minute things to bring to Christmas lunch at my sister's tomorrow. I found out that the rest of the world had the same idea as me - the grocery store parking lot and checkout lines were war zones as my fellow slackers and I fought for parking spaces and the last of the green beans. I barely got out unscathed.

Later on are other traditions - the start of 24 hours of A Christmas Story and midnight mass. And I'm very much looking forward to spending some time with my family on Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas to all, and peace, health, and happiness for the coming new year!

4 comments:

Highmaintenancemom said...

Merry Christmas to my family over there!

Zuzana said...

I hope your Christmas was lovely My dear Hazel.;))
Sounds as though the Christmas Eve was, how fun with a marked visit.;))

Hazel Designs said...

HMM, Merry Christmas to our fam over there, too! :)

Hazel Designs said...

Protege, thanks! I hope you had a lovely Christmas as well!