Friday, December 12, 2008

Owww

Well, I'm officially old. How do I know this? Because I've come to the point where I need to ice my knee. During plies in ballet class tonight, I thought my left knee would give out. I had a chance to stretch it at the barre, but then we started doing all kinds of jumping and bending and more plies on the center floor, and by the end of class, I was in a lot of pain.

My knee had been bothering me on and off for months now, but nothing really too serious. I thought it was because I wore heels too often. But in the past week, it has gotten worse to the point where I can barely walk down the stairs without feeling like someone shot off my kneecap, and now I'm finally admitting defeat.

It's time to ice my bum knee.

I never thought I'd see this day.

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

Oh Hazel, you are not old, just injured.;)
If it is any consolation, I sit here feeling very tired trying hard to recover from a x-mass party at work last night. Now, that is old.;)))

Hazel Designs said...

Protege, I'm injured because I'm OLD! Your Christmas party sounded fun :)

Karmela said...

R.I.C.E.

R-est
I-ce
C-ompression
E-levation